WAINUI COMMUNITY HALL- owned and operated by the Wainui Residents Association (WRA)
3 Wainui Valley Road, Wainui, Banks Peninsula
Originally the Wainui School – this high stud 1940’s building features full height glazing to the sea, timber floors, a log fire and heat pump. The main hall is 7.5 x 8.0 metres and can seat comfortably 60 persons with an additional covered verandah. For larger occasions we recommend a gazebo or marque on the concrete patio also.
The kitchen, newly installed in 2016, includes stainless steel bench with dual sinks, instant hot water, fire extinguisher, electric stove and a fridge. Larger functions also use bbq’s externally.
External to the hall are men’s and ladies toilets.
Conditions of Hire
- You must be over the age of 18 years to legally hire this facility.
- Overnight stays are permitted on a case by case basis.
- No candles are to be used.
- If you wish to use the log fire you must supply your own wood.
- Alcohol is permitted at this venue.
- The Wainui Residents Association (WRA) will not permit the facility to be used for inappropriate functions, where damage may occur or where conflict with adjacent neighbours is likely.
Hours of Hire
8am to midnight daily
- Cutlery for 25 persons
- Servicing dishes
- Tables- 6 small and 5 Large trestle
- Chairs- 49 padded seats
- Floor mop, cleaning bucket, small broom and dustpan
No organised catering is offered at this venue
Wheelchair Access/Health and Safety
Wheelchair accessible ramp.
A defibrillator and basic first aid kit is provided on site.
As part of this rental agreement the hirer accepts legal responsibility to meet evacuation plans, health and safety responsibilities and act as the facility warden.
The building is housed on a generous predominately level site which provides ample grassed parking with access off Wainui Main Road.
- Members Full day (over 8hrs) $130.00 + $50 damage deposit
- Members up to 8hrs $100.00 + $50 damage deposit
- Non Members full day (over 8hrs) $150.00 + $50 damage deposit
- Non Members up to 8hrs $130.00 + $50 damage deposit
- Weekend Wedding Rate- (allow Friday night key collection, Sunday afternoon drop off, a bond of $100 is also payable and refundable) $500.00 + $100 damage deposit
Carol Groves – 021 044 5193 or email firstname.lastname@example.org